A Dream car is that car that has been lingering in your mind ever since you saw it on television, magazine or on the road and you were like “I want would really want that”. It is a dream which most people never get to see it’s fruition but only a few get to see it come to reality because of the high cost of the vehicle and or the maintenance costs associated with it. There are several cars that we can talk about here that take luxury, performance and design to sky-high level.
To actually be in the driver’s seat of such a car you need competent driving skills because no one would leave such a vehicle in the hands of a novice, so you can make your driving test booking at some of the reputable companies to boost your skills.
1. Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640.
- The Murcielago was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 2006 and its’ named after a bull which received 24 strokes during a fight after which the bull fighter spared it in Spain.
- It has a 6.5 liter V12 engine that has an output of 471 kW (kilowatt), 631 hp (brake horse power) at 8000 rpm (revolutions per minute) which does 0-60 miles in 3 seconds and with a top speed of 211 miles per hour.
- It’s a four wheel drive with options of a 6-speed manual or automated sequential transmission with launch control.
- The estimated fuel economy is 29 litres per 100km in the city and 18 litres for the same distance on the highway.
- It costs around $330,000.
2. Bugatti Veyron.
- This vehicle has the crown as the fastest road-legal production car in the world with the Super Sports version clocking 267.85 (431.07km/h) miles per hour.
- It is developed by the Volkswagen Group and manufactured in France by Bugatti Automobiles.
- Because there are different versions of the Veyron, the cheapest comes at a price tag of 1.2 million dollars.
- The car has an 8 litre engine with 16 cylinders and 4 turbochargers producing 738kW, 987 bhp with 1250 nm (newton metres) of torque giving a top speed of 253 mph for the Veyron version. It does 0-62miles in 2.46 seconds.
- It has a 7 speed semi or fully automatic gearbox and 10 radiators to cool off the heat produced by such high performance engine
- It uses special tyres to accommodate its top speed and a set goes for $ 25,000.
- It has special editions which include Sang Noir, Black Carbon, Edition Merveilleux, Le saphir Bleu, Pur Blanc and Grand Sport Vitesse.
- By 2013 only 407 vehicles had been sold.
3. Ferrari Enzo.
- The car was named after the founder of the car flagship Enzo Ferrari.
- Only 400 Enzos were produced and they featured Formula 1(F1) features such as a carbon fibre body, ceramic composite disc brakes and F1 like electrohydraulic shift transmission.
- It has a 6 litre V12 engine producing 485kW and 651hp at 7800 rpm with 4 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing and dual overhead cams. The engine does 0-60 miles in 3.14 seconds and has a top speed of 221mph.
- The transmission is effected by a 6-speed semi-automatic (F1) gear box with a shift time of 150 milliseconds, this being a very fast gear shift.
- The cost of the car came out at around $660,000 but nowadays the Enzo trades above 1million dollars at auctions.